Sunday, March 19, 2017

TIME IS NEAR!

THE BABY BUMP
 
Our last quilt challenge for the year.  Very sad.  I am really getting into these art quilt.  Project 8.5 persimmondreams@blogspot.com TIME IS UP! 

When I heard the topic, all I could think of was clocks.  That to me wasn't creative enough.  What can I do that is meaningful.  Then it hit me!  It's almost time for the delivery of my second grandchild!  A quick call to my daughter to take a photo of her BUMP with some very harsh light coming down at a 45° angle towards her pregnant belly. She was at the house alone and I said figure it out.... She went to the refrigerator,  open the door while in a dark room.  Making sure the tummy was bare and smooth.  Pretty good selfie,eh?




 I wanted a picture of her pregnancy in a creative way.  So I turned the picture black and white, took a pen and drew lines separating the gradations from light to dark. 




Went to my fabric stash and started creating. Drawing, cutting, wonder under, tracing, ironing....









.I decided to follow the curve of the human body for my free motion quilting.  Simple and elegant.






Then I decided I wanted my granddaughter in the picture too!  So I found a line drawing and enlarged it to the proper size.  Even though she is really head down, she looks really cute right side up....I traced around the image then stitched in pink thread.  She wasn't showing up enough.  Went to the crap room and found CHALK!  Brushed it in so it was an illusion! 
I must  continue with the same light pattern.  I choose Kaffe Fassette fabrics because they are my favorite and make beautiful yummy  backgrounds.  Lighter pink fabric on the side with light, and deep purple for shadow on the left.
 


A nice clean simple accent of the shape we all know.  The BABY BUMP. 
Sweet Success!
 
 
This is MY creation of a portrait of my daughter and her unborn child (my granddaughter).... TIME IS NEAR!  APRIL 16, 2017! 

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thank you for explaining your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute interpretation of the challenge. Love the colors you chose and what a beautiful keepsake this is. Congrats on a great finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you we able to write about your process for this fabulous quilt. It's quite brilliant! And congratulations on your newest family member. :-)

    ReplyDelete